Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Shield Maidens of Sea Rune

Actually found this old Judges Guild supplement in a pile of D&D2e modules at the gameshack. I had just posted this cover on Pinterest the other day. Yes, men use Pinterest too. 
It's a fantastic cover. This was the first JG release that I have actually laid my hands on in over twenty years. As a kid we'd go to the Bob's Big Boy diner and they'd hand out these cheap comics to kids. I remember thinking that Judges Guild must have used the same printer. The Judges Guild stuff had the same paper and same vivid colors that the Bob's Big Boy comics had. 
Will I actually use this? Sure, and besides, there are endless maps and lists of pre-made NPCs and baddies. Fun for the whole family.
Crazy thing is, check out that cover again. That's the villain of the campaign. Seriously.
I've been toying with the idea of running a campaign through Twitter (yes, I use that too) and doing a sort of minimalist take on gaming. Also I think it would be fun to be able to just run it throughout the day, check in to your game while pumping gas or riding the bus or whatever. 
What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment